The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) in cooperation with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) selected OC 405 Partners to design and construct the I-405 Improvement Project (Project). Hout Construction Services, Inc., is providing Design-Build Coordination and Financial Business Management Services on the project.
Key elements of this approximate 16-mile widening project include:
• Addition of a general-purpose lane in each direction of I-405 from Euclid St to the I-405/I-605 Interchange.
• Addition of a tolled express lane in each direction from SR-73 to SR-22.
• Addition of auxiliary lanes in the NB direction at Euclid St off-ramp; and from Seal Beach Blvd on-ramp to the WB SR-22/7th Street off-ramp.
• Extension of existing SB auxiliary lane from Harbor Blvd off-ramp to Euclid St on-ramp.
• Removal of SB auxiliary lane from Beach Blvd to Magnolia St off-ramp.
• Reconfiguration of interchanges and ramps comprised of 23 new or replacement crossroad/ramp bridges, one pedestrian bridge, and seven bridge widenings on I-405.
• New, modified or replaced structures, including two overhead railroad crossings.
• New and upgraded drainage facilities.
• Pavement construction and revised delineation.
• Tolling infrastructure.
• Coordination with utility owners for relocation of known utilities.